Friday, July 14, 2006

Surprise concert of the Year


Last night I went to the PINK concert. It was a birthday present from my friend Erica, and I must admit that initially I was not that interested in going, first of all it was during a weeknight, and for those of you that know me, you know that I don’t like staying out late on a weeknight and secondly because it was Pink and I really didn’t like her new song ‘Stupid Girls’ but whatever…the concert was at Kool Haus which I was a bit surprised at, because I’m sure she would be able to sell out a bigger venue. I guess that’s why it sold out so quickly…. Erica and I went for dinner first because doors didn’t open till 7pm…. We got to the venue around 7:30pm and there was a looooong line, around the whole building, to my surprise it went by very quickly though and we were in before 8pm. The opening act was a guy named Matt Nathanson, it was just himself and his acoustic guitar. His voice was pretty good and so was his playing, he mainly used a 12 string guitar which added a richer sound to his one man show. I think that this was his first big tour cause he seemed really excited and was talking a lot to the audience, telling us how much he loved Canadians and Canada! His songs were pretty much all based around, love, sex and longing! What’s new!!!
I thought that it was really great that he didn’t have any other equipment because this allowed Pink’s band to have all of their stuff already set up on stage which reduced the time in-between matt and pink! We met up with my friends Sara and Jessica just before Pink went on and we were maybe 25 feet from the stage, we had a clear view and it was awesome! She went on around 9pm, and came on wearing a tight black blazer (which she took off after the first number), black dress and had a whip in her hand (kinda like the one you have Taylor!!) She was HOTT to death!! I never really though she had that much sex appeal, but after seeing her last night, damn, she is now my new celebrity crush, Mariah who???? Her voice was also very, very, very good! I was sooooo impressed because a lot of pop acts don’t play live shows very well, so I was not expecting much, but her voice was 10 X stronger live than on any recording that I have heard. She played all of her it songs, and the audience loved it!! She individually introduced each member of her band throughout the night, and you could tell the she greatly appreciated their efforts to make the show great, she even stated “I have some of the best musicians in the world with me on stage tonight” 2 of them were from Canada one more specifically from Toronto and Pink let her sing Bohemian Rhapsody for her hometown crowd! She made witty banter all night long and the crowd ate it up! She went off for a costumer change (into a black tank top and old jeans hot hot hot) about 2/3 of the way through. She seemed really down to earth and totally cool! She played for almost 2 hours, but if felt like much less because everyone was so into every song! I would have to say that this concert would definitely rank in my top 5 of all time, it was a show with a great crowd, a great singer and an overall amazing atmosphere, felt very positive and fun! Thanks for taking me Erica, you’re da bomb!

3 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Blogger roro said...

thank you mrs. wells, I hope you have an awesome time in Japan, don't get into too much trouble and have fun at the "club" with jackman!!! oh and say hi to Jesse for me!

bye :) Robin
p.s say hi to glen for me too!

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robin, that's great that you had a good time at the Pink concert. I wish I was there to watch you force Jackman into watching White Chicks...how I miss the wonderful repartee between you two! I'm sure Jackman had many wonderful comments throughout the movie that couldn't outweight the fact that he had to sit through the whole thing!! I'll talk to you later.
Tragically,
Tatonka
P.S. Don't let Jesse know, but I've sent him a death-curse in the mail. Once he opens it, he will DIE!!! ahahahahahaha!!!
p.p.s
I hate Jesse Wells

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger mil lie said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home